The education of each child is a three way partnership between parents, pupils and teachers.
- Every effort is made to ensure that parents are well informed about the work of the school through regular newsletters and information.
- Formal meetings between parents and teachers are arranged by the school and our ‘open door’ policy welcomes informal contact between parents and staff on a regular basis.
- Parents are encouraged to support their children’s learning at home by assisting with homework, reading and learning tables.
- The school organise presentations for parents and governors on aspects such as ‘Reading’, ‘Mathematics’, ‘The Foundation Phase’, ‘Thinking Skills’, ‘Assessment’ and ‘Safety on the Internet’.
- Parents provide valuable practical as well as financial support for the school and assist with activities such as rugby coaching, learning activities and on school outings.
- The Friends of the School Association arrange fund raising events such as the Annual Halloween Party.
The school has supportive PTA association and every parent is invited to participate in its activities. This association does not exist purely in a ‘fund raising’ capacity. However, this aspect of its aims must not be undervalued and the school sincerely appreciates the excellent support received over the years. The main aims of the Ysgol Llansteffan PTA are as follows:
- To develop a greater understanding between parents and teachers.
- To help parents understand the current trends in teaching and general education of the children.
- To provide parents with a wider knowledge of education provisions made nationally and locally.
- To encourage activities of all kinds to promote the education and welfare of our children.
- To assist the school in maintaining amenities through financial and other help, not forthcoming in the usual way.