Welcome to Ysgol Llansteffan
Gweithio a llwyddo gyda'n gilydd ..... Working and succeeding together
Thank you for visiting our website where you can access information about our school.
Ysgol Llansteffan is in the village of Llansteffan which is located around 7 miles from Carmarthen on the banks of the river Towy. The present school was built in 1953 and is a single storey building made up of three separate classrooms, a multi-purpose hall and kitchen. In addition, there is an Office/Staff Room, toilets, cloakrooms and storage facilities. The building is surrounded by extensive grassed play areas, together with a tarmacadammed area.
Our school’s principal aims and objectives are to:
- To develop good moral values and encourage respect and understanding towards different races, religions and other ways of living.
- To create a happy and homely atmosphere in which learning takes place within their community.
- To develop the skills and attitudes for lifelong learning.
- To encourage and develop self-discipline and encourage self-awareness and respect towards others.
- To give equal opportunity to boys and girls in each and every aspect of schoolwork and life.
- To offer a broad and balanced curriculum that is relevant to age, ability and background so that every pupil can reach his/her potential.
- To emphasise the need to understand and look after the environment and community.
- To teach through the medium of Welsh and English so that each pupil will have the chance to be bilingual by 11 years of age.
- To encourage the individual to become an active member of society.
- 10. To ensure that the relationship between home, school and community is such that parents, staff and governors can work together in the interests of the pupils.
- To develop the pupils’ basic skills in literacy, numeracy, ICT and thinking skills.